A simple satisfying breakfast enough to boost your energy!
A BANANA PANCAKE THAT DOESN’T TAKE YOU LONG TO PREPARE!
Why capital letters and all excited? well just because I love bananas!
So here how it is,
– In a bowl, mash 1 medium banana
– Crack two eggs and beat with a fork
– Add the eggs to the mashed banana
– Spray a small sized pan with canola or olive oil (I use Crisco 100% canola oil original non-stick cooking spray). A less-than-a-second spray is best.
– Let the pan get hot on a low heat then add the banana-eggs mixture. (I usually cover the pan to get it cook faster)
– When the pancake starts to get brown, flip it on the other side. (you don’t need to cover the pan again and I think leaving it for 30 seconds would be enough)
– Remove the pan from the heat and move the pancake to a plate.
– Add almonds/walnuts and berries
– Mix a teaspoon of honey with cinnamon powder and drizzle on top of the pancake.
You can always add your favorite fruits but I choose berries (I only had strawberries and blackberries available this time) because not only they go well with the banana but also because they are rich in nutrients and antioxidants.
Seems like a lot of steps but really it doesn’t take time.
Last time I used 2 medium bananas and 3 eggs and cooked 8 pancakes on a pancake griddle. It takes less time and the texture was better.
Enjoy the contrast of flavors! What’s better than sweet and sour?