This awesome recipe is adapted from chocolate-covered Katie blog. I only replaced the flour with almond flour, used Muscovado sugar (unrefined moist dark brown sugar) and used less cocoa powder.
(Makes about 12 mini cookies)
– 1/2 cup almond flour
– 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 + 1/8 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– 1/2-1 tsp vanilla flavoring
– 1 packet of stevia (2.5 grams)
– 1/4 cup Muscovado sugar (or any soft sugar)
– 5 tbsp light olive oil
– 1 tbsp milk
– chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180℃. In a bowl, Mix dry ingredients (almond flour through stevia). In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, oil and milk until the sugar dissolves. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Make into small balls and place them on a greased pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let them cool a bit.
(These will turn out crispy)
Notice that I mentioned that this recipe makes 12 cookies but there are 11 here. Yes I am not myself if I don’t eat unbaked cookie dough =P
Things to try for next times:
1. Store in the fridge before baking for 30 minutes.
2. Replace almond flour with oat flour.
3. Reduce the fat by replacing some of the oil with milk.
4. Use honey as a sweetener.