if you love chocolate and/or peanut butter just continue reading.
This is an oatmeal recipe. I’m not a big fan of oatmeal but when I made this, I just fell in love because this is a complete transformation of regular oatmeal into a perfect treat. This is CHOCOLATE oatmeal.
All my senses were engaged as soon as I had the first mouthful. Sweetness, bitterness and saltiness, all combined in one bowl. Made in just five minutes!
isn’t this pretty?
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 3/4 cup + 3 tbsp low fat milk (or just any milk of your preference)
– a pinch of salt
– 1 packet of stevia (you can use honey or any natural sweetener. if you have a sweet tooth, you might want to add just a bit more)
– 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup (or less) semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 tbsp peanut butter (preferably sugar-free)
– In a bowl, combine oats, salt, milk and mix. Microwave for 2 or 3 minutes (depends on the power. mine was 900 watts) Make sure you give it a stir after each 1-minute interval.
– Add sweetener, cocoa powder and mix well. stir in chocolate chips.
– top with a spoonful of peanut butter.
Enjoy eating this while watching your favorite show!