This banana cake is moist and not very cake-like. It is perfect for breakfast. I used to bake it in the microwave but recently I have tried baking it in the oven and the result was pure awesomeness!
Actually, what makes this cake so awesome is the honey-cinnamon sauce drizzled over it!
– 1 medium banana
– 1 egg
– 2 teaspoons almond milk (or any milk of choice)
– 4 tablespoons almond meal/almond flour/ground almonds
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
– pinch of salt
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
tip: don’t mash the banana very well, keep some chunks.
– Preheat the oven to 180℃.
– In a small greased ovenproof bowl, combine mashed banana, egg, milk and mix well. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients then add them to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes.
– Combine honey with cinnamon and drizzle over the cake.