I love pancakes for breakfast.. and lunch…and dinner…
This is definitely one of my favorite recipes because it has coffee, peanut butter AND chocolate!
Recipe is adapted from CCK.
(Makes 4-5 medium pancakes)
– 1/2 cup all purpose flour (Edit: I switched to spelt flour)
– 3 tablespoons rolled oats (can be omitted)
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 packet stevia (or 2 teaspoons of sugar)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (or extract)
– 1 teaspoon instant coffee
– 1/2 cup milk (I usually use almond milk)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil (or coconut oil)
– 1 tablespoon peanut butter
– 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (For a creamier frosting, add an extra teaspoon)
– 1 teaspoon honey (you can add a bit more)
– about 25 grams of dark chocolate chunks
– Combine dry ingredients (flour through coffee) and mix very well.
– In a separate bowl, whisk milk, honey and oil. Add dry into wet ingredients (The batter will be a bit thick).
– Heat a pancake griddle (or place a skillet over medium heat and make sure you grease it).
– Spoon under 1/4 cup of the batter and spread evenly. Flip the pancakes when you start seeing bubbles and when the edges start to look dry. Allow the other side to cook.
– For the frosting, just mix together peanut butter, yogurt and honey very well. Melt the chocolate in the microwave but make sure you keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Spread the frosting and drizzle melted chocolate over each pancake.
Share this with a chocolate-peanut butter lover!