This recipe is similar to the Kalamata Olive Bread, which I have shared before but I like this one better.
These are more moist..
and they have cheese.. oh cheese!
Recipe is adapted from Will Cook for Smiles.
2 + 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 + 1/4 cup buttermilk (you can make it by adding 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lemon juice to regular milk and let stand for 5-10 minutes. or you can use regular milk)
2 + 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup feta cheese or any salty white cheese (cut into cubes)
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
– Preheat the oven to 180 ℃.
– Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
– In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add cubed cheese and mix.
– In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and oil.
– Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Add olives and mix just until combined.
– Spoon the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 40 minutes.
Best served warm!