I love chocolate pancakes!
These are definitely my favorite because they kind of melt in the mouth.. and they are super easy to make. you only need one bowl!
If you’re quick and hungry, you can finish the whole thing from preparation to eating in 20 minutes!
You can prepare the batter at night, make the pancakes in the morning in 5 minutes and take them with you to school, work or wherever you’re going.
Although I consider this a single serving, it’s actually a bit of a challenge for me to finish the whole thing all at once so I usually eat three and leave the rest for later (later is like.. an hour later)
sometimes though, I leave the rest of the batter in the fridge.
Here is a batch of another day..
Original recipe: Red Velvet Pancakes
Ingredients: (makes 5-6 small pancakes)
- 6 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour/ground almond/oat bran (or you can simply just use oat flour)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk (or a little less for a thicker batter)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (the best part so they are not optional)
– Combine dry ingredients (oat flour through salt).
– Add milk, oil and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
– Spray a medium or large skillet with oil. Heat over low heat.
– Scoop the batter onto the skillet (about 2 tablespoon for each pancake). Flip the pancakes when the edges start to look dry. Allow the other side to cook. Be careful not to overcook.