I was away on a trip last week and I was craving mexican food. Specifically shrimp Fajitas (and later chicken so I ordered a mix of chicken and shrimp).
I looked up mexican restaurants where I was heading and I was lucky to have a great food experience at the one I chose.
Unfortunately I did not take pictures of food but this is the only picture that I have. I really loved the ambience and this indoor waterfall.
The restaurant served chips, and guacamole that is made in front of you. I wasn’t really excited to try it because I wanted cheese with chips!
I did try it though and it tasted great! No, it tasted super great!
The texture and saltiness of the chips and the guacamole were just perfect. I did not realize that I have missed eating avocados until that moment.
I decided that when I go back home, the first item on my to-buy list would be avocado.
I went back home very excited to recreate what I have tried.
isn’t this a pretty recreation?
Very simple recipe. Perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
One more picture?
For the dip:
- 1 medium avocado
- Quarter of a medium-sized tomato, diced.
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
For the chips:
- Soy flat bread (or any flat bread of choice. If you could get your hands on healthy tortillas then go ahead and use that)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 ℃.
- For the chips: cut the soy bread into triangles. Brush each (both sides if you want) with olive oil then sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Bake until crisp.
- For the dip: cut the avocado in half. Scoop the flesh and mash in a bowl with a fork. Add chopped tomato, salt and fresh lemon juice.