I have an intimate relation with hot chocolate…
and coconut anything just has to be added because chocolate and coconut is THE perfect combination!
What I love even more is having my hot chocolate cold and pouring over MORE coconut milk.
Ah, this chocolate-coconut goodness is always ideal to satisfy my chocolate cravings!
Ingredients: (enough for two large cups)
- 100 grams dark chocolate bar (I use one with 72% cocoa and I don’t add a sweetener)
- 1 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (I add this because I am obsessed with coconut oil but it is actually optional)
- Melt the chocolate (I always use the microwave to melt it in short intervals, stirring in between) then add coconut oil, if using.
- Heat 1 1/2 cup milk on medium heat. While waiting for the milk to heat, add coconut milk to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Lower the heat and add the melted chocolate to the heated milk and mix using a small whisk.
- Pour the hot chocolate in a cup and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.
- Pour more coconut milk and enjoy!